Thursday, February 9, 2012

MAGIC MOUNTAIN, a talk by DEBORAH BOARDMAN




About the Talk:

Deborah : For over twenty-five years, I have engaged painting, installation, animation, video, performance and sculpture to connect with the particular history and architecture of site and community. My love of painting, as gestural, contemplative, handmade and human, and the energy of old churches have inspired both my solo and collaborative practices, such as my recent project at the Glass Curtain Gallery, Co Laboratory, with my collective ED JR. and the collective (f)utility projects. More recently, in my exhibition Steady as She Goes! At EBERSMOORE in Chicago, my paintings and patterns based on my studio include a site-specific wallpaper installation. As I engage the dilemma of relating my solo painting practice to the experience of others, I will continue to develop a deeply personal language in painting, and discover ways to include the history and perceptions of others. 

Deborah Boardman is Chicago based. She is a painter, installation artist and member of the Chicago Land Artist Collective, ED JR. She is an Adjunct Associate Professor of painting and drawing and arts administration at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She has been producing art works for the past 25 years. Her works encompass of paintings, installations, animation, performance and sculptures in order to connect with the architecture and history of the place. Her subtle style helps the audience to connect to it and serves as an encouragement to the viewers.

--
 
1.Shanthi Road Studio/Gallery


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: